VPI Classic 3 Reviews:
- Enjoy the Music
- The Absolute Sound
Dimensions Classic 3:
20 1/2" x 15 1/2" x 10"
Footprint: 19 1/4" x 14 1/4"
Diameter of single foot: 2 1/4"
Platter Height: 2"
Platter Weight: 20 pounds
Total Weight: 70 pounds
Dimensions for Classic 4:
VPI - Classic 3 Turntable
"It is a work of art, Harry Weisfeld's best. Amen! Five Stars."
- Harry Pearson
The Classic line pays homage to the great turntables of the past that have been synonymous with state of the art turntable design. The Classic has been the best selling turntable VPI has ever made and is still outselling production. The sales and rave reviews from around the world are based on the glorious sound and the incredible speed stability, speed stability normally associated with $10K plus designs. Our top of the line Classic 3 represents a significant step forward in both performance and aesthetics pushing the envelope as far as we can to deliver the best sounding turntable VPI has ever made.
The Classic 3 features a ½" thick machined aluminum plinth bonded to a 1/8" steel sub plate, bonded to 2" of MDF creating a plinth which is so massive and well damped it virtually eliminates resonance. For the Classic 3 we updated the arm with a new stainless steel arm-tube, bearing assembly, base mounting, and Discovery wiring from cartridge to RCA (or XLR) output jacks.
To complete the visual aesthetic of this state of the art design, we chose a deep Piano Black and Rosewood finish. Gorgeous and glorious, the Classic 3 is an absolute triumph! Manufacturers who have received there Classic 3 are using adjectives like "Gorgeous", "Quietest table I've ever heard", "How could it be so inexpensive", "Speed stability like my digital masters".
VPI Classic 3 Turntable Features:
- A large knurled VTA tower with a smooth precise feel makes it easy to set VTA during play.
- A secondary mounting with underbase has been placed between the arm rest and the arm lift to greatly improve the arm's rigidity literally making these the only arms that can do VTA adjustments while listening and then be locked as rigid as a solid mounted arm.
- JMW-Classic 3 damped stainless steel tonearm.
- New investment machined aluminum high inertia platter with precision inverted bearing.
- Speed stability on par with a master tape: Due to the rigid mounting of motor - platter - tonearm there isn't any random motion to cause speed instabilities.
- Noise rejection that lets the Classic Turntable sit near four 15" subwoofers and having virtually no feedback
- Lack of random motion between the motor, platter, and tonearm giving the ultimate in low level resolution. Not only does this rigidity improve speed stability, it also allows the retrievel of low level information with the world's great turntables and pushing against master tapes.
- Absolutely solid, non-resonating laminated one-piece chassis: This is not a wooden frame; it is a solid laminated 2.5" thick MDF block with 11 gauge steel attached to the top with silicone and long bolts through all the layers. The chassis weighs 30 pounds and is totally non-resonant.
- RCA jack termination so you can use the interconnect of your choice.
- Anti-skate controlling device
- VPI stainless steel record center weight
- Available in Piano Black Rosewood finish