THE LEAST EXPENSIVE AND BEST SELLING HIGH END TURNTABLE IN THE WORLD!
Stereophile Analog Product of the Year runner-up to a $100,000.00 turntable
The HR-X is known to reviewers and manufacturers around the world for it's natural reproduction of scale and sweep, which are two of the things that make us feel like we are listening to live music. With world class detail, low noise, pace, and timing, the HR-X will bring the concert hall into your home. Best of all, it does this without fiddling, tweaking, or constant resetting. The HR-X is a statement among belt drive turntables! The drive system and the periphery clamp result in wow, flutter, and rumble that are all below measurability providing world class sound.
The VPI HR-X Features:
- The HR-X features a triple laminated chassis (Acrylic-Aluminum-Acrylic) that is heavy, rigid, critically damped, and perfect in its mechanical execution. Each layer is machined separately and then assembled with screws and glue and then combined with the corner assemblies to give a rigid perfectly aligned system.
- A periphery ring clamp centered by the platter, not the record, providing vacuum-like hold down without the problems inherent in a vacuum system.
- Stainless steel HR-X center weight.
- The 40 pound separate machined drive system uses two low-powered 24-pole 300 RPM AC synchronous motors driving a 12-pound flywheel. The drive unit is machined from a solid block of aluminum, its accuracy is assured by using only one piece, giving the lowest possible wow and flutter from a belt drive.
- The flywheel spins at 300 RPM and has 62 times the inertia of a 25 pound platter.
- The platter is machined from a block of 6061 aluminum and runs on an inverted bearing.
- The combination of flywheel drive system, inverted bearing, and accuracy of machining leads to extremely low levels of wow, flutter, rumble, and FM distortion.
- The isolation system built into the feet allow it to be placed very close to 4 -15” woofers with no noticeable effect as long as the stand it is on is stable.
The 12” Tonearm:
- Pivot to spindle distance: 300mm
- Effective length: 313.4mm
- Overhang: 13.4mm
- Offset angle: 17.35 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: .267%
- Armtube critically damped internally with 1.7 pound foam.
- Premium Discovery wire used internally and in junction box, optional Nordost Valhalla wire.
- High quality RCA outputs standard, XLR available as an option.
- Unipivot design with zero friction and zero bearing chatter.
- Dropped counterweight for tracking force and azimuth adjustment and low center of gravity
- A large knurled VTA/SRA tower with a smooth precise feel makes it easy to set VTA/SRA during play. Allows changing of arm-tubes in seconds instead of hours for those with multiple cartridges.
- A secondary mounting has been placed between the arm rest and the arm lift to greatly improve the arm's rigidity literally making these the only arms that can do VTA adjustments while listening and then be locked as rigid as a solid mounted arm.
- The damped stainless steel tonearm uses constrained layer damping for a clean, open sound without resonances.
- The JMW 12.7 tonearm is bolted to the aluminum portion of the chassis with a double base mounting, providing the ultimate in rigidity and adjustability.
- Adjustable anti-skate controlling device
The SDS power supply regenerator and frequency synthesizer rounds out the package and provides a pure AC signal to the drive system so you can set both speeds exactly in your own home.