Scout 1 Manual
VPI Scout Reviews
Stereophile - Art Dudley
Ultra High-End - Frank Berryman
The Absolute Sound -
Goldmine - Todd Whiteesel
Hi-Fi+ Magazine (Part 1)-
Hi-Fi+ Magazine (Part 2)-
Tone Magazine - Allan Walton
Six Moons - Ralph Werner
19" x 13" x 4"
VPI 2015 Scout Turntable
The Humble Giant!
"Rather, this is a flat-out, unconditional, "Holy Mother of Crap, I can't believe how good this thing is" recommendation. It's hard to imagine another way of spending $****.** that will add this much to your system." - Art Dudley - Sterophile
The SCOUT has become the worlds best-reviewed turntable! The SCOUT is the lowest priced turntable in STEREOPHILE'S Class "B" and has attained high performance records worldwide.
“The scout brought a soundstage that was far more precisely defined. Bass was tighter, with less mud and boom. Treble was more extended and detail retrieval was clearly superior. Music, which was very entertaining and listenable on the *******, simply sounded clear on the scout. Insert your favorite cliché about “veil removal” and “inky-black backgrounds,” but that’s what it sounded like.”-Scott Hull TAS
The Scout 1.1 Turntable with a new version of the iconic 9” JMW Tonearm and new aluminum platter is a world standard at its $2,000 price.
Re-introducing the audio world to the best-selling VPI table of all time - better than the old one, better than it should be at this price! The Scout has become one of the world's best-reviewed turntable! The Scout 1.1 is so simple to set-up, you can have the table up and running in just minutes. The sound is fast and detailed, deep and wide with a natural midrange worthy of the world's finest cartridges.
The only difference between the 1.1 and 2 is the PLATTER
Scout 1.1 platter = 1 3/8” thick aluminum and oil bath bearing
Scout 2 platter = 2” thick aluminum and inverted bearing
- 1/8" thick MDF bonded to a 12 gauge steel plate.
- Machined 1 3/8" thick 6061 aluminum platter.
- Platter rotates on an oil bath bearing and fitted to shaft with a #2 Jacob’s Taper for a concentric rigidly mounted coupling.
- The bearing has a PEEK thrust disc and machined graphite impregnated brass bushings using a Thompson Engineering 60 Rockwell case hardened shaft.
- 600 RPM AC synchronous motor is contained in a separate steel housing and drives the platter with smooth, quiet operation.
- Includes a platter and record damping mat.
- New 9” JMW Scout Tonearm.
- No friction unipivot bearing mounted on a solid stainless steel shaft.
- VTA adjustable arm mount.
- Removable arm-wands allows you to change cartridges in less than 30 seconds.
- Precision adjustable counter weight allows you to get the most out of every cartridge you mount using it’s azimuth and tracking force adjustments.
- Adjustable Anti-skate option.
- Classic Platter (making a 1.1 into a 2)
- VTA on the Fly
- Single Motor Flywheel
- Periphery Ring (only compatible with Scout 2 Platter)
- HR-X Center Weight
- HR-X Feet
- 3D Printed tonearm
- Synchronous Drive System (SDS)
- Scout Dust Cover