Scoutmaster Turntable - "A MASTER OF SOUND"
Scoutmaster Turntable Manual
The Scoutmaster combines key features from several of VPIs' most successful turntables. It uses the Classic platter and inverted bearing, a larger version of the steel Scout motor assembly with fused IEC socket and 300-RPM 24 pole motor, and a dual Scout chassis with a steel center. The Scoutmaster comes with the JMW-9 standard or the 10.5i as an option. The table stands 19" by 14" and weighs 48 pounds.
The Scoutmaster is a Scout with a shot of testosterone for a complete musical experience. The ideal table for someone who wants the best sound but is short on space!!
- 2 1/4" thick MDF/Steel/MDF sandwich screwed and glued together to form a completely rigid yet dead chassis.
- Stand-alone heavysteel motor assembly with 300-rpm 24 pole low noise high precision synchronous motor on isolating rubber feet.
- Inverted bearing - hardened stainless steel shaft, 60 Rockwell chrome hardened ball, spinning in a phosphor bronze bushing and sitting on a PEEK thrust disc. The belt side load is placed at the center of the spinning bearing for zero teeter-tooter effects.
- 20 pound damped platter machined from 6061 aluminum to +/- .001” in a 39” circumference!!!
- Motor pulley has an accuracy of +/- .0005” when leaving factory.
- Wow and flutter: >.1%
- Speed Accuracy: >.04%
- Rumble: >85db down
- Weight is 50 pounds
- Newly redesigned 9” JMW Scout Tonearm.
- Pivot to spindle: 223mm
- Effective length: 240.7mm
- Overhang: 17.7mm
- Offset angle: 22.85 degrees
- Average RMS distortion: .36%
- Zero friction unipivot bearing mounted on a hardened solid steel shaft.
- VTA adjustable arm mount so you can set your cartridge at the proper height.
- Damped polished stainless steel armtube.
- Black anodized head shell and bearing body
- Removable arm-wands allows you to change cartridges in less than 30 seconds.
- Precision adjustable counter weight lets you get the most out of every cartridge you mount using its azimuth and tracking force adjustments. The only way to precisely mount a cartridge is with azimuth, height, and tracking force adjustments.
- Adjustable Anti-skate.
- 10” 3D printed tonearm and VTA/SRA adjustable base.
- Periphery Ring clamp for the ultimate in record warp reduction.
- HR-X Center Weight, perfectly complements the periphery clamp.
- Synchronous Drive System (SDS) for the utmost accuracy in motor speed and fine speed adjustments.
- Single Motor Flywheel (must be used with SDS).